Welcome to Charles S. Morgan Technical Library
New in Library
- U. S. national electric vehicle safety standards summit: summary report
Results of a summit held Oct. 21-22, 2010 in Detroit MI, co-hosted by SAE and NFPA. "The purpose of the Summit was to develop the base elements for an action plan for the safe implementation of electric vehicles, and using safety standards as the primary mechanism for this action plan. Specifically, the objectives of the event were the following: identify the relevant fire and electrical safety codes, standards and specifications; identify gaps in these codes, standards and specifications; identify related gaps in research, training, or communications which stem from OEM safety manual development and deployment; and develop the base elements for an action plan for necessary standards development and associated deployment activities to fill these gaps.".
- Residential fire sprinklers: water usage and water meter performance study
"This report describes the results of a study on water usage and water meter performance during residential sprinkler system actuation in residences, designed to provide guidance information on this topic in a format suitable for water utilities and local jurisdictions. It includes the results of a survey of fire departments on their average use of water at fire scenes at single family homes; fire flow calculations for a variety of single family home fire sprinkler systems and a study of the performance of conventional residential water meters in maximum and minimum fire sprinkler flow scenarios.".
- Antifreeze solutions in home fire sprinkler systems : phase II research final report
- Antifreeze solutions in home fire sprinkler systems : literature review and research plan
- Incentives for the use of residential fire sprinkler systems in U. S. communities : final report
- Fire suppression and detection research application symposium : research & practice : bridging the gap : proceedings
- ENR (Engineering News-Record) : 10/14/2013
- Parameters for indirect viewing of visual signals used in emergency notification : final report
The objective of this project was to conduct a human factors laboratory study to identify whether an increase of 7% in light level can be reliably detected by observers with normal vision when viewed indirectly. The results provide a technical basis to support the development of methods and criteria to evaluate performance of light sources used in emergency notification appliances for NFPA 72.
- Determination of fire hose friction loss characteristics : final report
A research project to develop friction loss characteristics for hose currently used by the fires service.Three uses of fire hose were of particular interest: forestry hose, attack hose, and supply lines.
- Fire Chief : October 2013